Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

Fluted Glass Holophane Shades and 1907 Harvey Hubbell Pull Chain Light Socket


I removed these two antique Holophane Glass Shades from upstairs bedrooms, and replaced them with larger vintage light fixtures for better lighting in the bedrooms.

These awesome fluted shades I'll re-wire with new fixtures and use over my sewing table in the west dormer of the art studio.

The pull chain socket fixture on the left turns out to be an antique as well.  The label markings seem to fit the description of a manufacture date of 1907. 

See link below for more information about this pull chain socket invented  in 1896 by Harvey Hubbell.






4 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are reusing them, I am always such a purest. But I agree about old lighting in bedrooms were minimal. They are beautiful! Thanks for educating me too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks so much for including me and my Blog in your new post. I sure do appreciate it. Come by and visit soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it fun to discover a house's original fixtures and learn a little history in the process. I recently replaced a washer to my bathtub faucet and discovered that I was changing out the original, 60-year-old washer, which was made of leather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty fluted shades! I like that you found an image of the inventor, lol! You are such a good researcher. :-)

    -Pam

    ReplyDelete